The Virtual Schools of Shropshire, Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent and Telford & Wrekin are working in partnership with Together for Children. The role of the Virtual School Head (VSH) has also been extended under the Children and Social Work Act 2017 to include the provision of information and advice to support previously looked after children.
Our vision is for Previously Looked After Children to have great educational experiences supported by people who have high aspirations for them.
- To work strategically as a region to ensure that grant funding is used to inform practice and build a legacy for the future.
- Raise awareness and encourage high aspirations for the attainment and progress of Previously Looked After Children.
- By supporting education settings to become attachment aware and trauma informed.
- By delivering advice and training for professionals, parents and carers to improve knowledge and skills of how to support the education of previously looked after children.
- By building an evidence base to inform future provision.
- By developing a bank of information and resources to support practice.
- Working with parents, carers and children so that their views are heard and informs the development of our offer.